Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Monday!  Time for

Speak Freely

The Radio show on WMPG, 90.9 FM!!

Mondays are never bad, because on Monday, at 1:30 PM, Eastern whatever (daylight or standard) time, Ray, Adam and I have a radio program called "Speak Freely".

That's an hour-and-a-half of speaking about whatever you want, with two other persons, neither of which ever seem to agree with you AND whatever listeners who decide to call in and give you a piece of your mind.  Now, I ask you, how can Monday be anything other than one great day?

Oh, one other point: some would say a key point – the three of us represent three different generations.  That means three different outlooks, viewpoints and definite opinions.

Definitely!

Adam is, umm, maybe 22.  Ray, I know, (because I called him up and teased him) just turned 50, and I'm, well, older than the two of them combined.  Only rocks are older.

The fun all starts about 1:15, when we all arrive and set up.  Adam and Ray get to sit in "the studio", AND get to play with all the controls...

 

I get to sit in "The dungeon" the little room you can see on the other side of the studio's glass.  It's not bad – as dungeon's go, although the view's not that exciting.



If you're in the control room, you get to play with all the goodies: turntables, CDs, and lots and lots of buttons...


While, if you're in the dungeon, you get to look at.... Adam (all of him) and Ray (his right shoulder).

They, lucky fools, get to watch me sit there wishing I were in the control room.


Some people have all the luck.

Finally, the moment arrives.  I take another swallow of water - to wet my Cancer-screwed-up voice, sit up straight, and...


We're off!!



The range of topics is eclectic...



And sometimes even personal...



But whichever way it turns, whatever way it goes,

MONDAYS ARE THE GREATEST!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really great time. I'd love to get on the radio some time, it's always sounded like a gas, but in spite of my wholesome upbringing, I have a rather unpredictable mouth. Probably not the place for me.

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Brady, if you listen to the actual show, you will notice that I often exceed the guidelines! Although I try to ask up front, it turns out that asking on the air if you can say @#%$#@$ is the same as saying it.
    And so, I stay in the dungeon.
    Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike:

    I am afraid of my voice. I recently sang a song on one of my videos, it took a lot of nerve, maybe I'll do another one. It's one thing to have a prepared script, and another to "do on the fly". You must be very creative

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete